View Single Post
Old
06-26-2006, 10:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Yemelin is not eligible. Latendresse is far far far from a lock. Price has more of a shot. Tyler Plante and Jonathan Bernier may have a few things to say about that though.White seems like he has a good shot,but I feel this WJC will be overloaded with 87s.

Plante will need a big season since he's not invited to the summer camp. I hope Price is the starter, from everything I've heard so far he's the very early frontrunner but that means nothing at this point. He's got to play well. I expect both Price and Lats to be on the team.

I dont' think White or Maxwell will be there unless they have big seasons since they also aren't at the summer camp. I'd be happy just to see them invited to the final camp just before the tournament, of course it would be great if one or both could make the team but I don't expect them to do so at this point. I don't see Carle making the team either, although a big year from him would help, he looked fine at the remax games and he clearly can put points on the board, generate offese.

Fischer will have his work cut out for him. USA has 16 defensemen invited to their summer camp in august, and he doesn't have the international experience many of the others have from the U-18's. I don't think Fischer has any international experience, he did play at the select 17's (6-0-2-2 4 pims) but that's for USA players only. I know Cepek also played at the select 17's (6-0-1-1 24 pims).

As for others at the WJC's. Kostitsyn and Mikus will be there I'd assume. The only other player that would have a shot is Valentenko.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote