View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 08:04 PM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He had 38 pts his rookie year and and 36 last year...on a team that traditionally, doesn't score alot of goals.

So if PK had gotten 6 more points over the course of the last 2 years, you'd be more willing to pay him a long term deal today then you are now? lol come on...sounds a bit ridiculous don't you think?

Also, if PK signs a bridge deal...at his current rate of progression, after a difficult negotiation, he's going to cost more than 6.5M per season on his next deal.

I have no problem with MB's 'policy'...where I do have a problem though, and this goes for both sides, is losing one of your most dynamic and important players because you're unable to be flexible on the matter

That's unnaceptable IMO
Well looking at his point totals, at this rate of progression, he'd be scoring 26 points in 5 years.

I want Subban signed as much as anybody. I'm sure if Subban agreed to $4m/yr over 6 years, MB would sign.

The issue is Subban thinks he's worth a certain amount over 6 years and MB doesn't believe he's shown that he's worth that much yet.
That's the point of a bridge contract, to allow the player to get rid of any doubts management might have about their worth.

I want Subban signed and I'd love to him signed right now, but those attacking MB based on absolutely no information don't seem to understand how this works. There are two sides to negotiations.

If we got confirmation that MB was offering $2.5m for 2 years, then yes I'd be upset. but a $4m/yr offer for 2 years would be more than reasonable of an offer to make (I'd personally go as high as $4.5 even).

But if Subban is refusing solely based on the fact that it's not long term, he's as much to blame as management.