View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 08:09 PM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Has Crawford been better then last year yes, do I have confidence in him to lead this team to Ws no matter what NO! He is what he is, a solid goalie who even on his best nights can't keep a puck out of the net. That doesn't win.
So according to you if the Hawks had another goalie they would have only given up what 3 combined goals in those games? Because any other goalie would have made all the saves that Crawford made and some of the ones he didn't?

So the poke check that stopped an opposing player from being all alone in front of the net is a play that better goalies would have made as well. Shutting the door on the Blues at the end of the game when the defense couldn't clear the zone is something any other goalie would have done. Coming up with a big save on a penalty shot to keep it a one goal game against the Stars is something that any other goalie would have done.

I'm not saying Crawford is a great goalie. I'm not even saying he is a good goalie. But he has repeatedly bailed the defense out when they make bad plays. The problem is the amount of bad plays the defense is making. What I am saying is there is not a single goaltender in the league that will consistently win behind this defense if the offense isn't scoring at least 3 goals a game.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote