Thread: Value of: Jake Gardiner to EDM
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Hurt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
No, Toronto wouldn't go for anything that doesn't involve Gretzky and a few 1sts coming back the other way. Oh wait, I mean Toronto fans on this board. Toronto would trade Rask for Raycroft, Kubina for Exelby, Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel (ok, I'm pushing it) --- but still they wouldn't consider Gagner, MPS, Whitney, Klefbom etc. to be of any value compared to the latest shiny bauble.

There are always 4 or 5 untouchables in Toronto every year and usually 2 or 3 wind up demoted or traded by the same time next year. Sometimes its okay to take a 'risk' and trade for proven young players. Lets have a little levity here. Before you bring up the glass houses thing, there are overzealous fans in every city - but the big 3 or 4 aren't dropping off EDM's list any time soon.

I wouldn't trade for Gardiner unless it was an underpay. Nothing personal.
Hyperbole doesn't prove a point, it just makes your point seem silly. Toronto doesn't trade our top forward prospect plus what will most likely be a good first round pick for a player who would be redundant in our system. We lack top end forwards. We do not lack good potential offensive D-men. Pretty simple.