View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:11 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
That has to be one of the stupid comments in this thread.

From Wikipedia: Bishop was the American Hockey League's top goaltender with a 24-14-0 record, a 2.26 goals against average, a 0.928 save percentage, and a league-leading six shutouts through 38 games.

He has posted really good numbers with Binghampton the last 2 years, saved our season last year when Anderson was hurt, and the only reason he hasn't played much is because of the lock jam in St. Louis and now Ottawa.

I don't know how many Binghampton or Ottawa games you've watched (probably not a lot), but Bishop is a very good goalie with amazing size. Instead of checking stats, maybe watch a game or two.
So let me get this straight. Bishop was the best goaltender, but didn't win goaltender of the year in the AHL? He's also played a whopping 23 games in the Senators' system and is the second coming of Jacques Plante? Doesn't fly and smells like a fan base grossly overrating a marginal player who got hot for a period of time. I remember when Chris Kontos was the next sure thing too. Or how about Steve Penney? I'm pretty sure general managers will remember the same type of performances.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote