View Single Post
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Join Date: Jan 2013
10. Alexander Svitov (3rd overall, Tampa Bay, 2001)
Youngest player to skate in the Russian Elite League topped out at 18 points in the NHL.
9. Daniel Tkaczuk (6th overall, Calgary, 1997)
The next Ron Francis played 19 NHL games as a 21-year-old and never made it back.
8. Patrik Stefan (1st overall, Atlanta, 1999)
Czech star and No. 1 selection never scored 15 goals in a season.
7. Dave Chyzowski (2nd overall, NY Islanders, 1989)
THN’s 1989 Draft Preview had it right, calling Chyzowski a “boom or bust” prospect.
6. Jason Bonsignore (4th overall, Edmonton, 1994)
Scored 22 goals in the OHL at age 16, but never played a full NHL season.
5. Scott Scissons (6th overall, NY Islanders, 1990)
Played in two NHL games and spent most of his time in the IHL.
4. Alexandre Daigle (1st overall, Ottawa, 1993)
Scored 51 points as a 21-year-old, but hit 50-point mark only twice more.
3. Daniel Dore (5th overall, Quebec, 1988)
Power forward never hit his potential (or anything else).
2. Alexandre Volchkov (4th overall, Washington, 1996)
Russian sniper was too lazy for professional game.
1. Ray Martyniuk (5th overall, Montreal, 1970)
“Can’t miss kid” didn’t play an NHL game.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by specialized