View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:26 PM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I get what you are saying, but it is not an exact science. Tanking has only worked for Pittsburgh really. The blackhawks drafted 1st and 3rd to get kane and toews, but without signing hossa, stealing sharp from philly and drafting the likes of keith, byfuglien, versteeg, bolland etc in the later rounds, the blackhawks wouldn't have won.

Boston didn't tank... detroit didn't tank, edmonton did tank and look how long its taking them to even make the playoffs! It's not an exact science, although the odds are better for sure. I would not sacrifice a few ****** years for a chance of getting better.

No one expected the habs to draft 3rd overall last season, and now that they did (and they will probably get another high end prospect in this draft), there is no need to tank further by trading away proven vets. The cupboard is full (and will be fuller after this draft)... its time for the upswing! The pieces are in place.
What are you talking about? The cupboard is not full, at all. Name me one sure fire no 1 line star wing prospect we have. Zero.

For people to actually think this club plus our current prospects will be a contender next year or the year after is absurd. We need one more Gally level forward prospect, without question.