View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
I'm not happy with his play or the way he's being used, but no. And whether he's a bust depends on what you expected him to be. I think some people expected him to be Todd Bertuzzi or something and it's never going to happen. He's a bigger version of Kunitz (potentially) based on what I've seen of him, not a guy that's going ot score a lot or man-handle people.

43 career games, often in situations where injuries forced a haphazard lineup, and him never being given a long stretch of games in the same position on the same line. Hard to say he's a bust at about exactly 1 half of 1 NHL season guys.

If he busts at this point it will be as much a case of mishandling as him not performing. I'm not saying he's going to be a world beater or anything but the coaches aren't smart enough to figure out in practice and elsewhere, where this kid performs his best and just leave him there and let him learn and know that the coaches are not going ot pull him or start giving him 8 minutes a game if he screws up.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote