Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 2-1: Overcoming Adversity.
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Alex87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Your dad sounds like a ringer. Good stuff. Memories that last forever.

Man that game was something. I thought the roof would come off. I've been to two SC winning games and several concerts and I don't know I've ever heard it louder.

There were two virtual explosions of enthusiasm in the game, when we tied late, and then the OT winner. But the build up in the 3rd and between 3rd and OT was incredible. There was an energy in the building the whole time after the Oilers scored the first goal. I believe it was 3-0 Dallas at one point.

It seemed liked the building and atmosphere just swallowed up the stars and allowed the Oil to take over. It was like the crowd giving the hometeam the PP the entire 3rd period and OT. Incredible game. Dallas lost their vaunted composure, and ultimately series, by blowing that game and everbody there sensed what was upcoming.
Yep, I believe the comeback started with less than ten minutes to go in the third.

If you guys wanna watch the highlights for that game, it starts at about 12:43 in this video:

I remember being surprised about how loud it got even after the first goal, thinking that people were just happy that we ruined Moog's shutout. But when we scored the second, the top of that building went nuts and you knew the Stars were in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I'm a little surprised that we all aren't a little bit more excited about what happened last night. Yes - I know we're excited, but we should be even MORE excited.

We're witnessing the transition of a young team from doormats to contenders. It's what we've been waiting for after years of tanking, and it's happening right before our eyes. We've all dreamed of the kinds of epic feats that are about to happen on a nightly basis here, and now the dreams will slowly become reality over the next two to three years.

I suspect a lot of us are still in eternal pessimism mode, just waiting for the other shoe to drop and the rebuild to blow up. And hey, that still might happen. But we should enjoy the journey, because that's what makes the destination so much more gratifying in the end.
I agree, even last year when the Oilers started well, there was a sense that we were getting a bit lucky. I'd still like to see that coveted "x" next to our name in the standings though come April.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote