View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So, simply because they both did not improve much after their rookie season, they are comparable players? Great logic there. If you merely think Johnson will be a decent D like Phillips there is no point in talking to you.

Where did I talk about EJ and his great exploits on the ice...? He had an excellent game last night. Don't believe me? Go watch it. I'm sure you can find it. Instead you just constantly belittle EJ.
Still ZERO concrete evidence of any kind that EJ is a "beast", as you put it. I chalk it up to no answer....

Quote:
You don't think a defensmans play is affected by who he plays with? That's like saying a forward won't have his stats affected by his linemates. It matters very much. You're just trying to ignore it because it goes against what you're saying and it's undeniable. A player is affected by the quality of the players around him, and EJ is surrounded by crap. EJ pretty much has to do it all. Despite all your blustering to the contrary, EJ still has a ton of potential, and certainly can, and is, our #1 defensman.
Yes, I do; but you should also take into consideration the quality of the skilled forwards that he has been playing with in StL and Col, which is considerably above average in terms of the league. EJ had a ton of potential 3 / 4 years ago. Having potential is only as good as steady improvement toward that potential, which EJ has not done anything to convince anyone of in recent years.

Quote:
The Avs have shown every indication they are happy with him as their #1 D. I guarantee you they really don't care about the assurances of a Coyotes fan on the Internet, when all evidence from the Avs organization points to the contrary.

If we are trading ROR it is for a defenseman now. We have three good young defenders who also have potential but have proven nothing in Elliot, Barrie, and Siemens. Fair compensation? You think O'Reilly is worth 5m a year? When Benn only got 5.25? He is certainly not. 5m would be a huge overpayment. Do you actually know anything about this situation or not...? And yes, the Avs D is brutal. Go over to the Avs board and ask if you wish. Like I said, keep Gormley with his top pairing potential. We don't want him at the price of O'Reilly.
I never said it would be a straight one for one trade. What I did say was that adding Hanzal to Gormley is a bit excessive; which is not fair in value, and doesn't take into consideration the importance of Hanzal to Tippett's system.

Quote:
I really see no point in continuing this conversation.
-Avs are happy with EJ.
-Avs won't trade you O'Reilly for Gormley.

Let's move on.
Sure, whatever you say.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote