Thread: Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Lightning 6-4 loss
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Ok I'll try to inject some insight here because GDTs are filled with angst and knee jerk reactions a bit too much

MacStachio has a lot of work to do... his pairings and lines are not optimal

And he really have to use his time-out late in the game when we are trailing. Makes no sense to have Benoit out there in the end.

If we are not going to trust Wiercioch more than that, we need to acquire another defenseman

Methot-Karlsson
??????-Gonchar
Phillips-??????

This should be set in stone. Phillips and Gonchar don't mesh well together, sometimes the job is done but not consistently

Personally, I'd have Wiercioch with Gonchar and Borowiecki with Phillips until Lundin is back. Benoit as the 7th guy.

The problem is not Phillips or Gonchar, the problem is having them together. It never worked for an extended period, it's not like it's going to work out suddenly.

-------------------------------------

Now about the forward lines... Ok Latendresse was out but until then :

Regin/Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening/Regin-Smith-Neil
Greening/Regin-O'brien-Condra
Daugavins

Really hope we stop putting so much pressure on Silfverberg. Greening need to step up and Latendresse needs to get his body/head into the game. If he does, our lines will be much more consistent

****DONT FORGET PEOPLE**** WE ARE NOT CONTENDERS YET
I doubt Regin's getting a spot in the top six. With the open spot in the top six this game, Regin didn't even get a look. Daugavins even got a look over Regin, which is an indication of what MacLean thinks of using Regin on the wing. On top of that when they moved Smith out of that spot, MacLean pushed Regin back down to the 4th line.

Regin is a player stuck in no man's land; he isn't quite skilled enough to be a legitimate top six player and he doesn't have the grit, strength and tenacity to be a real solid bottom six player.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote