View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
You "lol"ed at another poster who said Dalton was better. I posted that stat and another post that summed up my opinion of Dalton/Flacco, which was that the guys are pretty even and that neither one is much better than the other. What is your opinion on that?
Touche. I thought you were that guy. Still, you didn't make an argument as much as just offered an opinion. The only reasoning you gave had to do with completion pct.

- In Flacco's first two seasons, his receivers were Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton. In Flacco's second season, Ray Rice was his leading receiver! That isn't because Flacco sucked. It's because he didn't have anyone to throw to! Derrick Mason was very good, but he was a possession receiver. And when the guy on the other side of the field is friggin Mark Clayton... come on. Nobody was open, that's why Flacco was constantly checking down to RB and TE.

- In Dalton's first two season, he had A.J. Green, a No. 4 draft pick who runs a 4.4 and has already established himself as one of the best in the league. Thirty percent of Dalton's completions and 11/27 of his TDs went to Green this year.

You cannot say that any combination of receivers that Flacco has had at any point, not even now, are as good as A.J. Green. Boldin and Mason don't have the speed to compare. Torrey Smith? Come on.

Additionally, despite Flacco's pedestrian completion percentage, he doesn't throw a lot of picks (and never has going back to college days). Dalton threw 16 INTs this year, something Flacco has never done.

Flacco is the best deep-ball QB in the league. Dalton is not the best at anything in the league.

Throw in Flacco's five years of experience and that is why I lold. Dalton has proven nothing. Flacco has proven enough, and without A.J. Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
This is a terrible argument.
Yes, it is. That was my point.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote