View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Drake744
Don't Hate

vCash: 325
I'm not panicking because I'm not surprised and didn't have very high hopes in the first place. My preseason prediction was that we would end up in 7th place and lose to the Blues in the first round. And quite honestly I may be giving us the benefit of the doubt because I'm so used to success. When people say "we're basically the same team as last year", I don't necessarily care about that. We are largely the same team, just without one of the league's best defensemen and no key additions at all. Other teams were getting better while we were busy staying the same.

I'm sure some of it is being rusty but I'm more worried about our continued lack of offensive firepower more than anything else. People like to harp on the fact that we had the best power play in the league last year, but elite teams use the power play as a compliment to the rest of their game plan. I feel like we rely too much on it.

Right now we look like a team with no identity. A team that can't put anything together, because quite frankly, other teams got better and we didn't. With that said I know we were awful at the beginning of last season too, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote