View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:20 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Imo the kings wouldnt be adding to richards to get kessel if they did a deal it would be striaght up. Personally i wouldnt do that either kessel maybe a good offensives player but his defense leaves alot to be desired, Also in wouldnt score as much in la because he would have to change his game to defense first.

I think my fellow kings fans forget exactly what mike richards can do. He was a huge part of of pk being 2nd in the league. Where as yes hes played bad but not bad enuff to get rid of after all its been 3 games. time and patience people
Kessel is playing under a defense first style now, wouldn't be much different for him. You are right in the fact he lacks that physical presence to his game but he still contributes to the forecheck.

Kessel is able to add a very real threat to score every time he is on the ice, not many defensemen can keep up with him, he just seems to have another gear plus a quick release. If he is paired with a forward that can cover his defensive lapses until he learns the system fully you would reap the rewards.

I understand what you are saying about Richards but that is what makes him desirable to us for the price of Kessel. If you don't have the first then next year first would do as well. Being the reigning champs I think giving up a first wouldn't be as hard to do, say if you were us lol.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote