Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 2-1: Overcoming Adversity.
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Replacement*
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I'm a little surprised that we all aren't a little bit more excited about what happened last night. Yes - I know we're excited, but we should be even MORE excited.

We're witnessing the transition of a young team from doormats to contenders. It's what we've been waiting for after years of tanking, and it's happening right before our eyes. We've all dreamed of the kinds of epic feats that are about to happen on a nightly basis here, and now the dreams will slowly become reality over the next two to three years.

I suspect a lot of us are still in eternal pessimism mode, just waiting for the other shoe to drop and the rebuild to blow up. And hey, that still might happen. But we should enjoy the journey, because that's what makes the destination so much more gratifying in the end.
It takes a lot to get me excited these days. But yeah, it did. Volume on the surround was pumped to 11, I was with the usual "**** yeah, **** see how you like that, in your face etc." While madly screaming GAAAAGGGGGNNNEEERRRR!!!!

The wife humored me for a bit then went upstairs not quite sure what was wrong with me as intensity was bulging from my eyeballs..

I couldn't sleep for 3hrs, was basically high on adrenaline, and posted like a rabbit on dexedrine for hours. I think I probably had 25 posts last night.

Then I had to get up at 6am for work.

Replacement* is offline   Reply With Quote