Thread: Value of: mike richards or jeff carter
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:34 AM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
Kessel is playing under a defense first style now, wouldn't be much different for him. You are right in the fact he lacks that physical presence to his game but he still contributes to the forecheck.

Kessel is able to add a very real threat to score every time he is on the ice, not many defensemen can keep up with him, he just seems to have another gear plus a quick release. If he is paired with a forward that can cover his defensive lapses until he learns the system fully you would reap the rewards.

I understand what you are saying about Richards but that is what makes him desirable to us for the price of Kessel. If you don't have the first then next year first would do as well. Being the reigning champs I think giving up a first wouldn't be as hard to do, say if you were us lol.
I understand your saying kessel is a scoring threat I just don't see him fitting into the kings style, No matter who you put in the kings lineup there scoring goes down. not ther players fault its the kings system. Richards has made this la team a team he gives us a second line center we havnt had since butch goring Its something i really dont want to get rid of. I know your saying we can just put carter in but i think he need s to be with richards to be happy last thing this team needs is to mess with chemistry.
We as a team need to stop getting rid of our frists unless theres a diffinate need for someone. I dont see the need as of yet for kessel Id much rather have a happy carter and richards combo. The first is something we need to keep getting players to play in our farm team to have players to trade or bring up in case of injurys. Its something i never want to trade away unless its a need for the future.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote