View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:38 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
I have to say, this thread does seem a bit redundant. All of the things said here will likely be brought up in every other thread on here anyway.

Typically, I detest the mentality that dumping the coach is the first solution to everything. But it's getting harder and harder to see Bylsma's value to this roster. As someone else said, the bottom line is that he's had the best talent in the league to work with and he's not getting results. The clock is ticking.
I started this thread because I thought it would be better to have it all in one spot, where we could have a mature conversation about it.

I'd love to hear from people like Cole and Jiggy who know a lot more about the X's and O's and other variables than a lot of us.

BUT, the point you make about results mattering is one that I share, as is Jaded's point about seeing the same mistakes again and again.

For me-- I posted it elsewhere but I'll post it again here-- the right coach is someone who uses everything at his disposal (systems, line combinations, motivation/the whip, adjustments, etc) to put players, especially his best players, into position where they're playing to their strengths and not to their weaknesses. Put another way, the right coach puts his players into the best possible position to make plays, and from there it's on the players.

When I look at this team, I see players so hopelessly out of position that I cannot help but to wonder if that's coaching or the players not trying/caring enough (and if the reason even matters because the result is the same). I cannot help but to wonder if the limited success this team has enjoyed is as much about transcendent individual efforts from guys like Sid and Geno and to a lesser extent Flower and Letang, where they're willing the team to victory in spite of, rather than because of, the coaching.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote