View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
go look at some of your own posts, you'll see a lot more!
The only time my posts contain anything asinine is when they start off with "Originally posted by JBum".

The pervasive and seemingly nonstop attitude about next offseason automatically being better by the presence of John Davidson strikes me as similar to the couple that says, "Our relationship is in trouble. Let's have a baby; that will solve EVERYTHING!"

As of this moment, the following are facts:
- John Davidson is not the GM
- John Davidson has never been a GM
- John Davidson has exactly six years of front office experience in his life

With this in mind, it is absolutely ridiculous to deduce from that that John Davidson would make an excellent GM who would immediately be able to draw top-level free agents. Now, who made that deduction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Good FA's might consider coming here with JD calling the shots and he sends Howson packing.
I'll point out that there is a longtime former GM (Craig Patrick) sitting in the front office. He's got a few years of coaching, a few years as an assistant, international experience, and about 25 years as an NHL GM. Is Craig Patrick enough of a draw because of "credibility" and "respect" and "experience"? Or do we have to recognize that, perhaps, free agents look at a variety of things not necessarily related to any of that?

Minnesota has a terrible owner (Craig Leipold) and a decent GM (Chuck Fletcher), yet they were able to get the two biggest free agent prizes in recent history together. And that was over several teams who possess vast amounts more "credibility" and "respect" and "money".

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote