View Single Post
01-26-2013, 02:15 AM
vCash: 500
There's too much of a "Country Club" atmosphere going on. Mario owns the team, and so that can't come as too much of a surprise. Veterans can play pitifully,(Kunitz) and yet, they know they're not going to be benched. It will always be the younger players who suffer and have to sit up in the pressbox when the vets make mistakes, and that in turn makes the youngsters grip their sticks tighter when they get their next chance. It's just a horrible way to develop younger players.

Dan Bylsma isn't a tactician, at least not as much as he believes he is. Just about every coach in the league has him figured out. I don't think he really has a gameplan, other than the "Let's make 'em play our way" rant. I don't think he has the slightest clue as to how to lead this team. Maybe he gives the stars too much reverance...I dunno.

Something has to give. He hasn't done enough with the talent on this roster to keep his job. This team should at the bare minimum, make the Conference Finals, pretty much every year. It has TWO of the top 10 talents to ever play the game,(imo) in what should be their heyday. And they're only separated in age by just over a year. But Bylsma, can't seem to figure out how to use utilize them properly. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.

And for those of you pointing out his Stanley Cup...remember, that Therrien had his handprints all over that team. That cup wasn't all Bylma's doing. Sure they were playing a more north-south game because of Bylsma, but they were still playing mostly sound, defensive hockey. Things they'd learned from Therrien.

Last edited by canadianguy77: 01-26-2013 at 02:40 AM.
canadianguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote