View Single Post
01-26-2013, 01:16 AM
Resident Jones Homer
vCash: 325
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I just don't get it. It's not like it's a new problem for us. We've always relied on revenue sharing and spending very cautiously. Now we have paid big for both Rinne and Weber but we aren't affording top notch players? Well not offensively no, but we can't spend to the cap. NEVER have been. It's not a new problem around here.
I think some people confuse lack of moves for lack of money. We were spending money last season. We were active at the deadline. There were rumors abound that we made a big offer to Columbus for Nash last year and they turned it down. We spent tons on Rinne, Weber, and offered tons to Suter. We're more willing to spend now than ever before IMO. I think some of our fans are frustrated that we've done well the last two seasons, or have progressed anyway, and use the "we have no money" excuse when we start struggling and (seemingly) taking a step back.

I can guarantee this wasn't a hot topic last season when we were scoring goals. Offensive struggles bring out frustration more than defensive ones. Offensive players are synonymous with making big money, and so when we have trouble scoring goals, a lot of peoples' default reaction is "Ohhhh we need to spend money and bring in a scorer. We have no money.". We're a defensive-minded organization and we draft, sign, and spend accordingly. That's where our money is being spent right now and that's fine.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote