Thread: Line Combos: If you were Trotz..
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:54 AM
ninetynine*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if SK tried to make a pass in a shootout at some point haha. I get your theory about having him play with guys that forces him to shoot, and maybe it would work, but I know Trotz was harping on him last year to shoot more often so I don't know if it's his linemates or mindset. But I see what you mean.

When I heard that Clune was going to play opening night I thought to myself "Oh great, this guy is already in the lineup? This is going to be annoying", and it has been. I personally would rather have McGrattan in the lineup. And yeah it's weird that Tootoo was in the doghouse and Clune is on a pedestal. I don't see anything out of him that impresses me so far, other than his willingness to be a punching bag
Mcgrattan had that really good streak going last year where he played 19 of 20 games. I understand why Yip is a little in front of McGrattan on the depth chart, but I don't see it with Clune.
If McGrattan's not a deterrant to Reaves for example, Clune is even less so. McGrattan's no worse a player really, yeah he's slower but he's also the league's best fighter.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote