Old
01-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Yes and no.

I remain firm that I think Tangradi will latch on as a productive player in this league if given a consistent chance to grow. He won't get that chance here and frankly he shouldn't get that chance here with his level of play. The problem is that he's never going to recapture his value for us since nobody is going to pay a premium for what he is today and our hands are basically folded considering we can't send him to the AHL again (which won't do him any good anymore anyway) and he's not good enough to be a top six player right now.

This is the problem with developing your own top flight players...most aren't going to step into the league at a high level.

Mind you I don't think Tangradi has a prayer of reaching the ceiling that was set for him years ago...but I can see him being one of those 'damn it' 20-25 goal a year guys that plays a key role on the 2nd line of a bad team or a 20 goal guy on a good team's 3rd line. He's going to be one of those guys that everyone on this board can't wait until he's off the team and then gets pissed off at Ray Shero for letting go of him for so cheap in a couple years.
People are entitled to their opinion, but there's absolutely no way anybody can look at Tangradi's performance thus far in the NHL and think he has a legitimate future. You're basing it solely on his play at the AHL level and because of his name.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote