Thread: Proposal: Pens-Flames
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Stempniak is a 12-goal a year scorer. How is that an upgrade? Sounds like you want to make a trade just for the sake of, instead of acquiring a potential difference maker, not a role player with little upside.
I remember Stemniak with the Blues and Leafs, that guy has a killer one timer, if he's given space and time and with Malkin & Neal, he'd get that, he could score goals. He's a goal scorer, he's not going to be a guy that will make that sweet pass, but he's not half bad at that either. He's basically on the off wing doing what Neal does on the other side, Geno just does the rest, which is getting them the puck.

But as we've seen as of late, Geno's line needs the defensive awareness of Kunitz, if anything, I'd want to see Kunitz moved back to the Geno line and Lee on Sid's line on his LW with Dupuis. That line is solid defensively as is with Dupers and Sid, adding a right handed shot on the off wing that has a good shot, couldn't hurt.

I'd do...

Kunitz, Malkin, Neal
Stempniak, Crosby, Dupuis

And I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder to get Stempniak. I think Jeffrey deserves a better shot elsewhere, moving him to Calgary for Stempniak would be fair I think. I wouldn't doubt Jeffrey pushing Stajan and Jones down to be the 3rd line C. Even add Ben Lovejoy if need be, both need a change of scenery, better yet, all 3 do. Well, maybe not so much Lee, he has 2 goals in 3 games, while not insanely awesome, it's pretty decent.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote