View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 04:06 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Silfverberg is 2 years older and is seeing 2 minutes more of 5v5 and the same amount of pp

Kassian is 2 years older and seeing 1 minute more if 5v5 time and about 20-30 seconds more of pp which should drastically change when Booth and Kesler are back

Granlund is the same age and plays 1:30 more 5v5 and 1 minute more pp but is clearly a step ahead right now

Huberdeau is the same age and plays the same amount of 5v5 and 1:30 more on the pp he is also a step ahead right now

Conacher is 3 years older and plays less 5v5 and 1:30 more pp

I left out the defense men as they are different but of the players you listed they are almost all older and if not older are better players right now and most see between 11 -13 minutes of 5v5 time and around 2 minutes of pp time.

Hell look at Philly both Couts and Schenn played less than 12:20 5v5 last year and this year both are playing less that 12:30 5v5. In other words almost all rookies start off slow its not that the team doesn't believe in them but its how you break a rookie in. Can we please stop acting like all teams hand feed their rookies 20+ minutes a night of 5v5 like the oiler do their entire team is young players someone has to play. The vast majority of teams are doing what we do, in the long run either Cammy or Stemps is traded to make room for Sven or he spends the year in the AHL like another top prospect Zibanejad. This is one game not the end of the world and is not stalling Sven.
You proved my point. Each and every one of those players is being put in a more favorable position to have success. Better linemates, and more PP time specifically.

Like I said, it is not the one game that worries me. It is looking at this roster and having Sven and Horak on the outside looking in because it is chalked full of underperforming veterans.

If Hartley finds a top nine spot for Baertschi when everyone is healthy then so be it, but I am not counting on it.

HighLifeMan is online now   Reply With Quote