Game 3: Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - Home Opener!!! - 7 PM PST
View Single Post
01-26-2013, 04:16 AM
RIP Ruslan Salei
Join Date: Sep 2008
I'm willing to give Teemu a pass since the man is 42 years old, and I don't think you can count on him to bring it every night on ES anymore. Bobby Ryan has been as frustrating as ever to watch this season. I've been hoping for a few years now that he would show us he's good enough to carry his own line, but the effort just really isn't there. In his defense there isn't any chemistry with him, Bonino and Selanne, but Ryan looks like he is completely fine being just an inconsistent scoring winger. I'm sure he'll get his points this season, he's too damn talented not to, but I'm honestly starting to think Ryan is never going to truly "break out". I hope I'm wrong though, and I know it's just been 3 games but I just needed to vent a bit about Ryan. Bonino isn't good enough 2C, but he's fairly solid defensively so I guess I would be okay with him as an fourth-line center. On the downside he doesn't do well in the face-off dot, and he basically doesn't have a physical side to his game at all.
Other random thoughts:
- 3rd line was awesome again, and they are doing exactly what they are supposed to do out there. I sure hope BB keeps them together. Koivu is an excellent 3C.
- Palmieri wasn't as dangerous offensively as he was in the last two (probably due to Getzlaf and Perry having off games), but he gave a good effort and I think this was the best game he's ever had in the NHL
. I hope he can keep it going, and I definitely like him on that top line w/Getz and Perry.
- Hiller was off tonight. I hope to see Fasth on the net tomorrow.
- PK continues to be crap. I think they should split Lydman and Beauchemin on that 1st PK unit. They just haven't looked good at all, but I like that pairing on even strength.
- Fowler looked great, again.
- Sbisa looked bad, again.
- I think Boudreau should just keep the lines as they are, but substitute DSP for Rakell, and rotate Holland/Rakell on Bonino's place if that line continues to struggle.
- I also think we need an another physical bottom six winger. I love the effort from Beleskey, but he just isn't doing anything out there.
- And they've got stop taking those dumb penalties and work on that PK FFS!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Doothpick