Old
01-26-2013, 06:28 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
Juice is doing us a favor by giving us a third line that's playable, but his skills are wasted on those two. He's taking one for the team, I hope he doesn't get blamed for a lack if production. I'd put him with staal and semin, and let welsh have the third if he proves capable. Staals line could use jussi's playmaking and general unselfishness.

I'm glad tlusty has developed a bit, but I'm still not very attached to him. Jussi brings a lot to the table regardless of his pts. If we are competing for the cup I think we need a different third line center and jussi to move up. Or maybe when ruutu comes back that line becomes better. Jussi is a better scorer off the wing IMO.
I don't disagree with this at all. Only problem is that we don't have a #3 right now that is capable, which includes Welsh. Though I think Welsh could get there, I also think his skillset is more suited for either wing long term ala Ryan Malone. Then again I've been saying that since we signed the kid. I'm just more a fan of a power guy on the wings as is unless you're Eric frigin Lindros.

I know people keep saying it and saying it, but the answer is Arnott. He'd be the veteran presence we need up front, is still capable of holding his own as a #3, would be some much needed depth come the playoffs, and would present an opportunity to send Welsh back to the AHL for him to get more ice time for his development as well. He's not bad in the circle though he's not great there either, and he would represent an opportunity to either move Juice up to the top line with Staal and Semin or to form a potent 3rd line with Juice-Arnott-LaRose.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote