View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Linters*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
There is no room in the line, period. Once injuries have healed, our lineup is as followed:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Higgins/Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows/Higgins
Volpatti - Malhotra - Lapierre
Weise

Unless Mayray regresses back into last year's form, he will be a stable in the lineup. Brouwer has nowhere to slot in. Wilson is decent but an inferior Kassian from present indications. We need a skill oriented winger, preferably a playmaker for Kesler. Forsberg would be that He is currently projected to have two way capabilities already, which is practically our hallmark. Gillis would love him.

In short, if we are doing futures. I want to look at potential Sedin replacements in a one and done deal.

Ouch.

I just checked Brouwer's contract. $3.6M starting next year through to 2016. That is steep. Indeed we would have to buyout Booth, who I am not convinced will be here past this season anyway. Brouwer is merely not an enticing alternative for me. Not at his price.
You missed Hansen. Honestly I think if our young guys continue to perform like they have thus far Burrows would fit the bill of a play making winger on the second line. Playing on the Sedin line he's been more forced into a goal scoring role but if you put him with the puck hogs Booth and Kesler he'll most likely start making plays more often, one only needs to see the types of passes he makes all the time to see he has it in him, not to mention he drives possession due to being very good at winning battles for loose pucks which would mean the 2nd line just wouldn't be Kesler/Booth/Raymond skate the puck in shoot it then lose the unsueing puck battle and have the puck head off the other way. Of course that requires Kassian and Schroeder to continue to play well because that just fills all the holes in our line up.

This makes me think we should either trade Luongo for futures straight up if the young guys continue to play well (Tanev/Kassian/Schroeder) and Raymond and Ballard continue to have rebound seasons it would be unwise to add another player and risk breaking up chemistry, so if Gillis is thinking the same way I am after watching these players thrive I don't see Luongo being dealt till the trade deadline at the earliest (too make sure this isn't flash in the pan early season stuff) and if those five keep it up I expect Luongo gets moved for futures.

Last edited by Linters*: 01-26-2013 at 08:12 AM.