Thread: Post-Game Talk: 1/25/13 - Wings beat Wild 5-3
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 07:51 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
I'll echo some of the grumblings directed towards the coaching staff at this point.

Frankly, I think it's utterly ridiculous to have 5(!!!) left handed shots on one PP unit. You see what well coached teams do against that sort of set-up as it forces the team to be one dimensional and they essentially have minimal, low percentage opportunities on said PP. At this point that first unit is getting by on just will (and some skill) alone. The first unit has found success but it should have so much more with a proper set-up.

I can understand that the coaching staff doesn't want to make wholesale changes to lines when the team literally just started skating together and especially have minimal time to make something else work. But at the same time there needs to be a realization that the way it's currently constructed just doesn't work. There needs to be a willingness to move players up and down the line-up in-game if need be as well.

Also, I'm already tired of instructing Granlund to get the best possible advantage at the dot and if he's tossed, so be it. If he's going to be a center in this league, allow him to get comfortable in the circles. Especially when the next option is a marginal centerman in Cullen.
--------------------------------------------------

- Speaking of Granlund, he's been getting manhandled quite a bit lately. I don't think it's entirely unexpected, but at the same time he needs to start moving his feet more. He's allowing opponents to take him out of play by coasting near contact; if he starts moving his feet he starts to become more dangerous and it'll draw more calls as well.

- Great outing by Brodin. Outside of Parise, he was the team's best player last night. Brilliant job of skating his way out of trouble and he's finally a guy on the backend the team can depend on to aid in transition. Bright future.

- As for Suter, he wasn't as bad as some are saying. However, based on expectations I can understand the frustration. He's been getting outplayed by Gilbert to this point, though, who I think has looked very good.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote