View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
They are one injury away from Oleksiak being in the NHL. I'd actually argue there's a 0% chance he doesn't play at least 5 games as an injury replacement. I agrew the chance of him being a full time NHLer isn't nearly as certain.

A tough season is fine. They have a very good Top 6 and elite goaltending. This is still a transition year though and throwing away assets for temporary fixes is a mistake. If you can land a potential core piece like Subban, that is woonderful. I just doubt Dallas has the fire power to be the top bid. This situation isn't in a bubble where only DAL and MTL are negotiating.

They need to make the playoffs. I do believe this will be important. That said, I still feel that Top 6 and Kari can sneak in. They need to make the D work with the assets they already hold.
Agreed- but when people are talking about this season, Oleksiak isn't the fix to our immediate defensive problems. Sure, next season our D improves with him, but for this season we might have to deal with what we currently have.

I also think that with our goaltending and top 6 we have a chance at sneaking in the Playoffs.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote