Thread: Player Discussion: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 09:04 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
I like DS. I'm fascinated by his skill set and the arc of his career to date. Speculating on how he will develop and projecting him down the road is certainly interesting. But that doesn't mean I can't be unhappy with what I see and worried about his contributions to the team. It's not meant as a direct criticism of him or an attack on Ranger coaching or management.

I try to honestly assess what I see based on game performance and reading about the team. I always try to see the humanity in every situation and realize that players, accept for ungodly skills, are no different than you or me.

I am fanatically loyal to my team and have been for over 50 years. That doesn't mean I can't be somewhat critical. Doesn't mean I have to accept every player unconditionally. Doesn't mean that even if I am concerned about DS that I don't think he can do better.

We need him to do well badly and I hope he picks up his play.

As one of the guys on XM said (to paraphrase) "now that the season has begun we can all go back to doing what we all do best....being frustrated with our team."