Thread: Post-Game Talk: 1/25/13 - Wings beat Wild 5-3
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Clearly, no defensive skills whatsoever.

He is not supposed to be physical or clear the crease. That's why Suter is on that pairing. Spurgeon was injured (from blocking a shot, clearly no defensive skills huh?) and Suter wasn't exactly impressive last night despite having Gilbert next to him.

All of the above examples highlight his defensive abilities. His offensive abilities are even better. He has top notch hockey IQ, his passing is excellent and he's got very soft hands. Can dangle and stickhandle if necessary. His shot may not be the fastest, but it's accurate and gets through traffic, and for a point shot, that's the most important attribute. He's got excellent mobility, his top-end speed might not be blinding but it's good. And he's very strong on his skates. For a D-man his size, it's a miracle he doesn't get tossed around more. I'd like to see you try and withstand a 6'4" 220lbs man cross-checking you from behind. Actually, I'd love to see that. Or the same guy creaming you head-first into the boards from behind. You wouldn't walk, let alone play hockey ever again. He does. And he shows why he's in the NHL and you're wrong on the internet.
Since I am 6'4" and 230 lbs, I would have no problem with some guy my size trying to cream me. They had just better be ready to get something in return. the only problem I would have is age, since all of these players could be my sons.

Also, I kind of think the reason Fletcher went after Suter, was not to protect Spurgeon.

Finally, I understand your love for Spurgeon, since he appears to be your favorite. I try to look at it realistically, and what is going to make this team a Cup contender.

Last edited by Jarick: 01-26-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: qdp; no need to re-post videos
THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote