View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
Stastny has been overrated since day 1 of his career in the NHL. He is worth $5 million/year and if there's any sign he won't sign for that amount I would trade him for anything and sign more skilled players in the offseason.
Yeah, he was ESPECIALLY overrated when he broke the rookie record for consecutive games with at least 1 point and finished SECOND in rookie scoring (after MALKIN) with 78 points in 82 games. That point total for a rookie, is STILL the 2nd highest in the last 6 years.

Yeah, you're right, overrated since day 1.

Quote:
I'd prefer almost every one of those options to Stastny. I'm a known Stastny hater, though, so my opinion lacks any credibility or sense of objectiveness.
Don't sell yourself short, it's not just cuz your a Stastny hater.

Quote:
Yes.
Of course! Jumbo Joe, the guy that's had THE TEAM in place for 5+ years but can't elevate his play in the playoffs to take his team to the next level. If anything, he's worse in the playoffs. Yeah, let's get THAT GUY and pay him $7M+, great plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Thornton wants to be comfortable more than he wants a cup. He'll probably re-sign there if they'll let him I guarantee you.
This.

First things first, the Avs must decide if they want to re-sign him and if he wants to re-sign with the club.

If that answer is no, from either side, I believe he'll be traded this summer. [That may FORCE the Avs to keep RoR long-term which isn't necessarily a bad thing]

If the answer is yes, I would expect a long-term deal anywhere from $5M to $5.75M which would be reasonable and along the same lines as guys like Zajac, Grabovski, Sharp and Mike Richards. I'd say that's about the right range.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote