View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
It's "disgusting" because the Habs already benefited from 2 years of Subban playing #1, but paying him 5-6.

They reward him by making him the 4th best payed defenseman, and he will still play #1 minutes.
That is an assumption. You don't know that.

He played #1 minutes last year because they didn't have a choice. And he led the team in minutes yes, but led them to last place in the conference. You have to look at it from a team perspective. If he was playing for the Kings, or for any playoff team for that matter do you think he would have been a #1 D?

The problem is pretty clear. People think PK has nothing left to prove and that he's elite. He isn't, yet. He's young, and still has a lot to learn and prove, not just on the defensive side of things either.

Having said that, I would say he has the most raw talent among the defensemen the Habs have. He is an above average skater, puck handler, works his ass off, is physical and I love the enthusiasm and excitement he brings.

But to suggest that he's proven that he's put that all together into being an established #1 D in this league already is premature.

I'm confident they'll find common ground and sign.