View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Honeycutt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJC_Fan View Post
I want the Blues to do whatever is best for the team and gives them the best chance to win. That being said, I would like to see if Cole could develop that physical side that we have heard about with him. So far, I have not really seen it and the number of hits that he had last season does not look like a physical defenseman. Last season, we got steamrolled by the Kings in the playoffs because we could not handle their physicality. I do not think adding Redden to this bunch helps us deal with that at all. We need to see if Cole can add a physical compontent to our defense corp and if not, the Blues need to add a defender that can. The way that we look so far, shouldn't we be using these 48 games to prepare our team for a 7-game series vs. a team like the Kings?

As for Redden Thursday evening, I agree that he was unspectacular and steady. There were a couple of times that he had some minor missteps but all in all, not a bad first effort.
We needed better first passes out of the zone not more physicality. Reddens first pass> than Cole's add physical play. If we move the Puck faster they cant set up their forcheck. Sucks for Cole but if redden builds off his performance from Thursday it will be hard for Cole to get back into lineup on a regular basis.

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote