View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
Joacim Eriksson has a good team in front of him (Svensson, who plays about 40% of the time, also has good stats). Having said that, I might rank Joacim around... fifth this year. But does Eriksson want to go to North America now? How do you think his current situation compares to spending time in the AHL to get used to playing in North America?

I don't know anything about Eriksson's goals or motivations, I'm just throwing these questions out there.
there were some rumors a while back that he really wanted to come over but the Flyers asked him to stay over another year for development. that was several years ago. after he wasn't signed and the flyers lost his rights there was a bunch of speculation that he didn't want to come over unless he had and NHL job. i can't attest to the validity of any of these statements it's just what i read online. so i guess you could say i really don't know anything about Eriksson's goal/motivations either.

as far as his role in the flyers organization. they really don't have a lot of up and coming goalies. they signed Cal Heeter out of College who's currently in the ECHL and Anthony Stolarz how they just drafted last year but he'll be in juniors for a couple more years. After that they just have a bunch of vets/back-ups in Scott Munroe (who's on an AHL contract and can't be called up), Brian Boucher and Leighton. All three of those guys will be gone after this year so i guarantee he could get significant playing time in the AHL at the very least if not a back-up job. and just a side note if Bryzgalov doesn't perform well he may very well be bought in which case the Flyers would be looking for a starter. bottom line is starting next season i believe he would have every opportunity in NA.

just out of curiosity if Svensson hasn't been playing as well
(2.15GAA .916SV% in 18GP compared to 1.71GAA .931SV% in 24GP for Eriksson) and he's six years older, why is he getting so many starts?

thanks for the response by the way.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote