View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 11:50 AM
WJC_Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt View Post
We needed better first passes out of the zone not more physicality. Reddens first pass> than Cole's add physical play. If we move the Puck faster they cant set up their forcheck. Sucks for Cole but if redden builds off his performance from Thursday it will be hard for Cole to get back into lineup on a regular basis.
If Russell, Shattenkirk, and Pietrangelo were having trouble moving the puck out of the zone, I am not sure Redden would have had more success. By the end of the series, our defenseman were playing at a much lower level then prior due to the physicality that they received. Looking back, that series ended when King blasted Pietrangelo. A little physicality on the Kings' forwards would have a similar effect on them over a seven game series. I do agree that ultimately Redden may be a better fit for the Blues then Cole at the stages of their careers and that Cole may need to bide his time or be trade bait for a player that gets us over the hump. I guess I just do not see Redden as the piece that pushes us over the top. To me, he does not fill what I believe is our biggest need.

WJC_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote