Thread: Brunner
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 10:57 AM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
He's also 26, and basically in his prime. He's not going to get much better than he is right now, assuming we aren't seeing the best he has to offer. And he may well have already passed his actual peak while playing in the NLA; goal scorers often hit their peak before 25.
I definitely disagree with your view. Take Diaz, 26, he is a D with the Habs. He did the jump last year ... exactly like Brunner. From LNA straight into NHL. The 1st year was ok ... meaning he was a legit player more on the 3rd than the 2nd pairing. Lots of dicsussions and controversy around him.

This year, after 1 year experience and one summer to train on specific aspects he is expoloding. In 4 games he is leading Montreal in points. (of course only 4 games)
2012 : 59 games 16pts
2013 : 4 games 5 pts.

I am not saying he will end up best scorer of the Habs ... but just highlighting that the adjustment between big and small ice, and between NHL and NLA is big ... hence until adjusted ... a lot of potential is wasted.

Long story made short : i think that he'll get a lot more efficient ... and may reach his cruising speed in terms of points production next yera. (projecting a Diaz alike adjustment curve)

torero is offline   Reply With Quote