View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 11:48 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I don't watch many Habs games so Subban is more of a highlight reel guy for me. If my impression of his game is right, and motivation is not a factor in worrying about what to sign him for, I don't think $5 mill and change a season for 5 years is a bad deal at all.

Our defense would benefit immediately from this deal. If we finished on the plus side of .500 after ten games I'd consider risking the first round pick for him, assuming we won't be challenging for the top three picks this year. IMO, his addition would help reinforce our defense enough to push us further from the top picks too as we could throw Finley back on the woodpile for good. Imagine next year with Hamonic, Subban, & Carkner in our top 6, and Reinhart on the way (and no Finley in sight). Donovan would also be threatening... And into that you had MacDonald & Strait as solid depth. Notice I am not even including Streit as I don't know where the club is going with him next year.

That would be a defense I could call good for the first time in a very long time.
I thought $4m per, the amount that Carlson and Fowler signed for, was pretty fair on a 2nd contract.

I think Subban's a very talented kid, but somewhat overrated by the Canadian press and Habs fans.
One homer suggested Hamonic+Nino+1st for Subban.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote