View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:49 PM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
When Comeau was dealt, he was coming off that 24 goal season in which he'd replaced the injured Okposo. He wanted a longterm deal but Snow wouldn't give it to him. He signed that 1 yr/ $2.5m deal and imo was pretty pissed at the organization.

I thought the reason the isles were willing to waive him was because he simply wasn't working hard, that the bad contract talks had played a role.
Don't want to bring up the whole Comeau situation other than to point out that teams GM needs to trade player contracts to improve both talent level, suitablity for certain roles, and economic concerns. Ideally all three items are addressed satisfactorly.
Would PK Subban meet our organization needs if we could add him at the cost of Okposo? Not suggesting this trade, only as an example. Would what Subban brings us improve the team after eliminating Okposo's contributions? Can we more easily find a replacement for Okposo internally in the next 12-18 months more easily than finding a similar set of skills that Subban brings?
A lot of posters become emotionally attached to our home grown players and refuse to consider how the organization and future success of the team is effected (improved). This is a mistake, and I have done it myself.
KO is a trade chip. Every player is a potential trade chip except JT.

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote