View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
By Gormley's age, Carlson had already captained his team to gold at the WJC, won a Calder Cup, and made his NHL debut (on a 1st place team). 20 year old Carlson was way ahead of 20 year old Gormley.
Hard not to notice that two of the things you mention are teams accomplishments, and the it's not like making the NHL debut is a huge accomplishment when you look at what the was on the Caps blueline at the time. And I know that Carlson had the OT GWG against the Canadiens, and if I remember correctly, was a major contributor to the Calder Cup. Note: in no way am I denigrating anything that JC has accomplished so far in his career - and I'd love to have him on "my" team. I see him as an upper tier 1st pair d-man when he gains additional experience.

None of that change the fact (from my perspective) that PHO values Gormley exactly like the Caps did Carlson, and I don't see how the Yotes giving the appropriate development time to Gormley decreases his value. Just IMO, the Caps would NEVER have made that type of deal for Carlson.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote