View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:01 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Don't want to bring up the whole Comeau situation other than to point out that teams GM needs to trade player contracts to improve both talent level, suitablity for certain roles, and economic concerns. Ideally all three items are addressed satisfactorly.
Would PK Subban meet our organization needs if we could add him at the cost of Okposo? Not suggesting this trade, only as an example. Would what Subban brings us improve the team after eliminating Okposo's contributions? Can we more easily find a replacement for Okposo internally in the next 12-18 months more easily than finding a similar set of skills that Subban brings?
A lot of posters become emotionally attached to our home grown players and refuse to consider how the organization and future success of the team is effected (improved). This is a mistake, and I have done it myself.
KO is a trade chip. Every player is a potential trade chip except JT.
I'm not saying Okposo should be some untouchable.I disgree with the complaints in this thread that KO's playing soft or not trying hard.
Imo Comeau was upset over his contract and it carried over onto the ice. 0 pts in 16 games and a laid back effort soured the isles.

However, there isn't a play on the roster, I would not want traded in the right deal.

When Tavares name is bought up on the main trade board, I post that I'd love to have Stamkos for Tavares. I know that trade makes no sense for TB because Stamkos is the better scorer, but that's the type of return I'd want for Tavares.

As for KO, if Snow can find a trade for a young upgrade, using KO as the key trade chip, great. I just don't want young core players, moved in depth trades or moved because fans are giddy over kids in juniors or the AHL.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote