Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Kostitsyn: Lost for nothing
Komisarek: Lost for nothing
Higgins: Traded for GOMEZ
O'Byrne: Dealt for Bournival
Latendresse: Traded for Pouliot lost for nothing.
Halak: Dealt for Eller
Lapierre: Dealt for 4th
Pyatt: Lost for nothing.
S. Kost: Lost for nothing.

MY GOD our management has been incompetent for so long.
Well at least McD isn't on that list because... oh wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
With the number of respected journalists now publishing the offer, I believe that is is 2 years, 2.2 then 2.9M.

If I am Subban, I take 1 year $2.2M just ot get on the ice, go out and have a great year, and then file for arbitration next year, after entertaining offer sheets for 10 days.

If the Habs refuse to give him a one-year deal, and no one in the whole league is making an offer sheet, then we have a Tim Raines situation, and Don Meehan and Donald Fehr should file a grievance.

This is now on Geoff Molson to fix.
The team shouldn't let it go that far. I can't believe it's gone as far as it has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Losing Komi for nothing. If he had stayed with Markov his career might not have tail-spinned. But at the very least if we knew he was gonna go, we could've traded his rights.
Komi was great. Then he got beat up by Lucic and was never, ever the same. There was a marked difference from that point on.

He came back and was horrible. Didn't have the edge anymore and just looked whipped. I was actually expecting a bounce back year from him and then he signed with the Leafs. I remember thinking how brutal it was that we let him walk away but in retrospect it turned out to be a blessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Dont get me wrong, the way Gainey managed those assets was a complete failure.
Should've revamped back in '07. Koivu, Souray... it hurts just to think about it. All the players we let walk away for zero. We should be so much further ahead than we are.