Thread: Proposal: Pens-Flames
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Calgary has twice the depth on wings that Pittsburgh has. You may think Calgary is terrible, but if you think they're weak on the wings than you know as much about the Flames as you do about Stempniak.

And everyone would give a 2nd for Glencross. I want a gold toilet. Neither of these things are gonna happen though.
There is a reason why your organization is the way it is I know quite a bit about the Flames. A lousy organization with no direction, a lack of talent on the major league roster and in the farm system and a diehard fan base that deserves better. How is that? Your organization is more apt to take risks at the draft table than draft talent. It is more apt to bring in veteran question marks at ridiculous prices (see Hudler at 4 million and Wideman at 5.25 million) than bring in longer term answers.

Almost every NHL team is deeper at wing than the Pens. That said, Stemp is not worth a second round flier in my opinion still. That is a valuable piece you package along with one of our 50,000 puck moving d-prospects for a much better talent and one that answers the problem instead of giving you an upgrade over Tyler Kennedy.

On second thought ... twice the depth? You have nothing on the farm and your top wingers are Glencross, Tanguay, Iginla, Stemp and Baertschi versus Kunitz, Neal, Dupuis, Kennedy and Cooke. HMMM ... that seems pretty even right there.

I hope Calgary turns it around because they deserve better and quite frankly, its the only Canadian team I give a jack crap about besides Ottawa.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-26-2013 at 01:19 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote