View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If teams thought he was an NHL goaltender they would have at least taken a 7th round flyer on him to secure his rights. All 30 teams chose not to.

I was optimistic about Hovinen. It didn't work out. I don't think it was a lack of skill, it was a matter of will apparently. I don't think it was a Hovinen vs. Eriksson scenario people make it out to be however. If they really thought enough of Eriksson they could have signed him instead of Heeter this past summer and they can still sign him the summer. They just don't think that highly of him and apparently they aren't the only team. He'll eventually get his chance if he keeps putting up numbers. Teams will want to know if he's for real or not.

The way people criticize the Flyers about not signing the guy make it seem like we missed out on Patrick Roy or something. Let's face it, none of us have seen him play. We are just looking at his sparkling numbers.

And the contract situation is not an excuse. They could have signed him this offseason (they signed Heeter) and hell they can even sign him this year if they want.
i've seen him play. only a few times via online stream but i have nonetheless.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote