HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
Barkov wouldnt make a run?
Not for me, no. Top-4 or 5, but not #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Uh, no. That's preposterous. Talk about Dan Hamhuis or Ryan Suter... maybe. First pairing defenseman, but not franchise. And that's if he develops perfectly.
He'll be a top-4 defenseman in the NHL next year. He won't need to develop much more, as he would have been ready to step in this year if not for the lockout and his injury. He's already on par with a guy like Dan Hamhuis, and anyone who has actually watched him play would know that. And I'm not talking about just highlights or clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
His offensive upside is way underrated, and his intangibles will only get better every year. You don't just make Team Canada during your draft year by being just another 1st D pairing defensemen.
This is how I feel. Ryan Murray is an excellent player, and the fact that a "fan" of the team that drafted him puts him down so often really makes me question whether or not that person is actually a fan. We didn't draft Nail Yakupov, get over it.

Murray has every bit of a chance to be a Duncan Keith type player, or better, in this league.