Thread: Post-Game Talk: 1/25/13 - Wings beat Wild 5-3
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Monaakko

vCash: 500
I'll give my impressions of the game and the season so far:

First off Suter: He's being asked to play the role Weber had in Nashville so it's only natural it will take some time to adjust. He really hasn't been as bad as some here paint him out to be, but he will get better.

As for the rest of the D: Gilbert has been good as has Brodin, and I like what Stoner brings, but that third pairing just scares me, not too much in the defensive end (although Prosser doesn't instill any confidence there either), but they aren't able to support the forwards in the offensive zone.

The first line has been very good, and for the first time we have a legitimate first line, I see no problems here.

The second line: Granlund does seem to have some problems staying on his feet, and I suppose this is in part because other teams recognize him as the offensive catalyst of that line and give him special attention, I hope he will improve in that aspect and as far as I can tell it's mostly a matter of moving your feet. He seems to just come to a full stop to make a play and the D jumps him and he's out of the play. If someone else on that line had the slightest ability to maintain pressure and cycle the puck that would open up alot of ice in the offensive zone, which is why I'd like Bouchard there. Overall I'd like to see Granlund take some pointers from PMB in how to control the play in the offensive end. Cullen does provide that line with faceoff skill and some forechecking, but not enough to warrant keeping him there. And as for Setoguchi, I'm not as down on him as some, I like this physical side and while I agree he should shoot more, I believe that will be the case in a PMB-FBJ-Seto line.

The third line: Clutterbuck shoots and hits, which is nice, but he's hardly a goalscorer and having PMB there seems a waste. Brodziak does a good job, but it isn't really a 2B line offensively as was intended. A Cullen-Brodziak-Clutter line won't be as dangerous offensively as the current third line, but it will have speed, shots and will be decent defensively and good on faceoffs.

Fourth line: nothing much to say here, it seems decent so far.

PP: I like Puhis suggestions of getting seto on the #1 PP for a RH shot and replacing Cullen with Brodziak, who was a decent net front presence last year.

All the talk of bringing up Zucker/Coyle seems a bit premature to me, and while they may be ready, I'd prefer to mix around with the lineup we have before changing it completely. We shouldn't be in full panic mode yet.

Monaakko is offline   Reply With Quote