View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:35 PM
FissionFire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
But you're naming NHL d-man, even Lebda had more than just a short stint in the NHL. Guys with the skating that Jensen has, generally make the show in some capacity. I am not saying he will be a star, just saying I see no way it doesn't get him to the big show at some point.

Hedican also played over a 1,000 games and was one of the better #3/4 types out there. He tailored that speed into a solid stay at home game, remains to be seen if Jensen can do that.

Ouellet is no doubt a much better player. I am a huge fan, his hockey IQ is impressive. He reminds me of Vlasic out in San Jose. Guy just rarely makes mistakes. I just don't think a lot of people know much about Jensen, I am fortunate enough to have seen him on a couple times and his skating is NHL level electric, especially for a backend guy. He also isn't a small guy either and a right handed shot, if we can turn him into a speedy stay at home guy I will jump with joy.
I wasn't intending my comments to reflect on Jensen at all, just on the knock some have had for Ouellet's lack of elite skating.

I fully expect Jensen will make it to the NHL in at least a Lebda-type role.