View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Fair enough. The SEL is not a high scoring league to begin with, however. Didn't Jonas Gustavsson put up some monster numbers over there? Stats are nice, but as many have pointed out in other threads, stats without context aren't the best indicators. He has good numbers. That is great. If that was all that matters...he'd likely have an NHL contract. Again, I have said before, I don't know why the Flyers or the rest of the NHL don't think he is worth a contract, but it is pretty clear that that is the case. Otherwise, wouldn't he have an NHL contract?
Gustavsson had one good yr in the SEL, very similar to Eriksson's numbers actually. He was significantly older however and his lack of success in the NHL could arguably be attributed to his health problems.

Quote:
I guess that is true. A team that drafts a guy, then doesn't sign him and doesn't re-draft him, and then doesn't offer him a contract after that could still think he is an NHL caliber goalie. Not to mention the other teams that didn't draft him the first time, didn't try to trade for him after, didn't draft him the second time, and continue to not offer him a contract also could think he is an NHL caliber goalie.
If people know that he's not willing to come over for one reason or another (which is obviously just speculation) why would anyone bother to re-draft him or trade for his rights? My point is you don't know anymore then i do which is he doesn't have an NHL contract and has played very well in a top European league. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Once again, I never said the kid is terrible and has no shot or anything along those lines. All I am saying and have been saying is that you can't call not signing him a mistake when he is currently sitting in Europe without any NHL contract. At this point, no one but HFBoards and a couple bloggers thinks he is worth a contract. I know it is crazy and I will be called a sheep or Homer lover or apologist or something equally accurate for this, but I think I will trust the scouts who are paid to scout players and have seen him play and probably have even talked to his coaches and him as a player (which, really is not as good as reading some blogs and seeing him play on internet feeds a couple times). Nah, that would be crazy. The Flyers are stupid. They should have given him a contract.
i think we went through this not too long ago. i never called not signing him a mistake. you can go through all my posts, i never said that. i realize that others on here may have said that but you're responding to me not any of the others right now. what bothers me is the fact that as soon as someone says something along the lines of i hope they give eriksson a chance/shot or a contract (like myself) you comes out with your "this again?" comment. and again you completely ignored the possible reason i've provided for why he doesn't have a contract. they are completely logical and provide a possible explanation as to why he doesn't have a contract.

you also repeatedly say that since he's not signed that all NHL teams don't consider him to be worth a contract or in this very same post that he isn't NHL material and then you turn around and say this
Quote:
I never said the kid is terrible and has no shot or anything along those lines
if he's not terrible and does have a shot then why then why in your eyes is he not worth a contract? oh cause he doesn't have a contract. that is called a logical fallacy.

i feel like we're starting to go in circles now.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote