View Single Post
01-26-2013, 02:50 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I always worry about him not wanting to re-sign. The fact that he seemed to really enjoy Russia only added to that. The "silver lining", and it's barely that, is the organization will know on July 1st if he wants to be here or not, and if he doesn't, they should be able to fill a lot of holes on the team by trading him.

I'm not advocating that, and certainly not saying it makes them better, but at least they wouldn't lose him for nothing (like Staal)

edit: will say, though: he either wants to stay in Pitts or he doesn't. I don't think the sole focus should be perfecting his line to make him happy. He has Neal, he has a lot of ice time, he can play a fun style. If he wants more responsibility, I hope he's gone to Bylsma and asked for it.
He also wants to win and thrives on the responsibility that this coach won't give him. He's got Neal, but I also wonder if he looks at it and says 'Sid took less, I'm going to be asked to take less, and every year, and for what'.

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
If history's any clue, KIRK buddy, nothing will stop you from fretting about Geno re-signing until it actually happens.
You have no concern, then?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote