View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 02:51 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

vCash: 500
Day after plus/minus FWIW:

Lovejoy didn't pick up his man on the one goal. At the same time I liked how he got into the play on offense a couple times. Meh.

Missed some opportunities on offense when the Jets were running around.

Good to see Crosby starting to rack 'em up. For some reason I'm still not seeing the speed through the neutral zone that much, but he "re-added" his crazy board work to his game last night.

I know it's taboo to say but the third line has to look a little more dangerous. We need them to score a little more frequently or it's going to be a long year.

The closer it got to crunch time the more the team started flinging pucks around the rink 6" off the ice to each other. It's really frustrating when they lose sight of the process between gaining possession and working your way down the ice to a scoring chance.

The 3rd or 4th goal, where someone stickhandled through two Penguins near the boards in our zone, was awful. It was Engelland and I think Malkin.

Bob Grove, in a moment of non-biased commentary which is becoming less and less common for him, said before the game he thought the Penguins tried to mail it in against the Leafs. I don't know if that's what happened against the Jets, but after they got up 2-0 it looked like that was a possibility.

PS: Since we've talked so much about him and most of us have trashed him, it's only fair to mention Tangradi played a pretty decent fourth line game. I still don't think he wins literally any 50/50 puck battles but he actually looked involved on a lot of shifts.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote